Me and God have a cool thing going on right now where He is not affraid of hurting my feelings. Having said that, here is something I felt like He shared with me last week.
If you are a follower of Jesus (meaning you have given your life to Him) then here is the deal. When you open your eyes in the morning your first thought needs to be similar to this:
- God, what do you want me to do today?
- Who do you want me to encourage?
- What should I do in this situation?
- How can I most honor you in my roles?
- Am I on track with who you want me to be?
- What do you want to change in my life?
You need to follow this up with reading God’s Word and prayer! (I will argue you to the ground on this, morning is the best time)
If this is not how you roll then I would say just stay in the bed and here is why:
- If you don’t hear from God then you will not handle that meeting right or that situation correctly.
- If you don’t hear from God then you are more prone to getting in the flesh.
- If you don’t hear from God then you are wide open for the enemy to distract or derail you.
- If you don’t hear from God then Your best efforts will be Your best efforts and worst than that you will take credit for anything good that happens instead of giving God credit.
- If you don’t hear from God then it’s a wasted day. (this sounds harsh but if you follow Jesus, then it’s legit)
If hearing from God is foreign to you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would love to point you in a direction. I can’t quite Him down right now and I love it.
The Dream Team at Lifepoint serves their tails off week in and week out and yesterday they got a blessing. We had 10 fresh, fired up volunteers that joined our setup team and 10 more that joined the tear down team.
Did it make a difference? You bet it did and the difference wasn’t an added difference, it was an exponential one.
These 10 people allowed our setup team to finish 45 minutes ahead of schedule and our tear down team to accomplish a 50 minute task in 30. Not only did they allow the team to be more efficient, their presence added life, energy and comradery to the team.
The awesome thing about these 20 people was that they were from another church. Life Community Church shut their doors yesterday and went out into the community to serve. How awesome is that? Lifepoint wasn’t the only place that their church was, but their presence was felt here.
So two very cool things happened yesterday. I saw how united the CHURCH is in our city and I saw how important it is for our teams to always continue to recruit, train and equip new team members. Teamwork makes the dream work and strong teams go farther, faster and stay in the game longer.
I love confirmation numbers! I feel powerful when I have one and I feel lost when I don’t. How could anybody operate with0ut them?
In ministry I have found this to be true as well, I need a confirmation number. Life is to short and linking people with Jesus is so important that I can’t afford to go down paths that God is not leading me down so there are a few confirmations that I look for.
- First is adversity or resistance. I learned this early on.. we are in a war and war is messy. If the direction you are heading in is comfortable and doesn’t meet obstacles then you may what to make sure your heading in the right direction. I went to a church for 6 years that led no one to Christ and everything was easy. Each week the services went off like the week before, no resistance, no change. Then I switched over to a church that was very active in the community and many lives were being changed and guess what… it was messy. The power would go out during the services, projectors would break, key people would get sick, the list goes on. What was the difference??? The difference was that satan could care less about the dead church reaching no one and is working his tale off to distract the one that is reach people.
The same is true in your lives. If you are on the right path, you have an enemy that is working against you, your marriage, your finances but the Bible says that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world (that means that Jesus rocks!). So press on, we win! You should get excited when things are a little rocky because you are on the right path, that is your confirmation number.
- The next thing that I look for is that what I am doing lines up with scripture. If it doesn’t I am in big trouble. I can’t say that it feels right so it must be right, that’s stupid. There is a peace that comes with doing the right thing but it never comes at the expense of God’s word. God will never lead you to do something that doesn’t line up with his word. NEVER.
There is a few other indicators that I look at but these are the main two that print the confirmation number of my life. Once I have my confirmation number I am confident and I roll with it!
The church is this absolutely beautiful thing that scripture describes as the Bride of Christ. She is believers UNITED to form a body that Jesus is the head of. She is an expression of love to our communities. She is the hope of the world.
Ephesians5:25-27 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
The church is something as a believer to be committed to. She is to be served, protected and loved, yet I speak to believers each week that mistreat and disrespect her.
In my heart and my soul this is what I believe she is not. She is not a whore that you use to make you feel good and then toss her to the side. She is not a social club that you use to network. She is not a beach home that you should come to when it’s convenient. She is not a shopping mall that gets to crowded then you leave. She is not someone to have a casual relationship with.
This is why I get so jacked up about Newcomers at Lifepoint. God has a church that he wants you plugged into (you are a part of the body and body parts die when they are not plugged in) and I am passionate about helping people find that place. If it’s not our church, that’s cool but it’s somewhere and you need to find it quickly.
Scripture also says this:
Revelations 19:7-8 7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
and his bride has prepared herself. 8 She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people.
It’s is our responsibility to present his bride spotless and prepared, so be very careful how you approach the church, how you talk about her and how you treat her. She is a VIP and she is THE BRIDE of JESUS.
We just recently attended an awesome conference called Unleash and during the last session there was a powerful moment where we surrounded our pastor and prayed for him. The purpose of this time was to let him know that we have his back. I can tell you this is huge in a pastor’s life. In my humble opinion I feel like ministry is the toughest job on the planet. It is the one thing that you can never shut off. You think about people every minute of every day and your heart breaks over people who don’t know Jesus. It breaks for broken marriages. It hurts when its members hurt. You constantly think about how to build up people and your church. Ministry carries a weight that is indescribable.
As an executive pastor I have to tell you that I long for your support….of my pastor. I have had several people tell me since the conference that they have my back and I know that they mean it and it is appreciated but the most important thing to me and what helps me sleep at night is knowing that through hell or high water the people of Lifepoint Church support Pastor Jeff. I believe with all my heart that God appoints a leader over each church and that leader has to know that you are with them. So pray for your pastor today and next time you see him, let him know your with him.
Don’t know if you guys know this about me but I take my job seriously (sometimes to seriously). My job has to do with people finding out about eternal life. Each decision that I make, each conversation that I have, each dollar that I spend, each thing that I do could have life or death ramifications.
So, sue me if this offends you but I am tired of the stupid emails about your feelings being hurt or you noticing a flaw in our church. Here is a thought, maybe your the solution to the problem either that or satan sent you to slow us down (you be the judge). Maybe you should volunteer on that team that didn’t meet your standards or encourage that person that you are complaining about.
This ones free, don’t tell me about the person talking bad about the church, or the pastor, or your family, get a back bone and call them out (the Bible tells us to).
I guess what I am trying to say is that we are not playing church, we are the church and if you are more into drama than seeing people come to know Jesus then please find another place to go.