I posted this back in 08 and it’s so good that I’m bringing it back.
Ten Commandments of Purity from Perry Noble.
- No other human relationship comes before my spouse.
- I shall remember the date night and keep it Holy (my phone will be off and in the car).
- I will always view my wife as my bride and the standard of beauty in my life.
- I will never think that I am above temptation. It’s by God’s grace that I have not fell.
- I shall not spend time alone or travel alone with a woman.
- I shall not talk about my spouse in a negative manner.
- I shall not ever discuss the intimate details of my marriage with anyone (especially another woman).
- I shall not watch pornography or expose myself to other illicit material that would cause me to lust and devalue my wife.
- I shall not confuse fantasy and reality.
- I shall remember the implications of breaking the seventh commandment (committing adultery).
The whole thing is riding on purity.
Me and God have a cool thing going on right now where He is not affraid of hurting my feelings. Having said that, here is something I felt like He shared with me last week.
If you are a follower of Jesus (meaning you have given your life to Him) then here is the deal. When you open your eyes in the morning your first thought needs to be similar to this:
- God, what do you want me to do today?
- Who do you want me to encourage?
- What should I do in this situation?
- How can I most honor you in my roles?
- Am I on track with who you want me to be?
- What do you want to change in my life?
You need to follow this up with reading God’s Word and prayer! (I will argue you to the ground on this, morning is the best time)
If this is not how you roll then I would say just stay in the bed and here is why:
- If you don’t hear from God then you will not handle that meeting right or that situation correctly.
- If you don’t hear from God then you are more prone to getting in the flesh.
- If you don’t hear from God then you are wide open for the enemy to distract or derail you.
- If you don’t hear from God then Your best efforts will be Your best efforts and worst than that you will take credit for anything good that happens instead of giving God credit.
- If you don’t hear from God then it’s a wasted day. (this sounds harsh but if you follow Jesus, then it’s legit)
If hearing from God is foreign to you email me at email@example.com and I would love to point you in a direction. I can’t quite Him down right now and I love it.