I’m pretty excited about this weekend. Lots of cool things going on at Lifepoint and I get to do something that is difficult to do in my business… go to church somewhere else. I am traveling to Charlotte today to meet up with Chunks Corbett the Executive Pastor at Elevation Church. These guys are a little over two years old and reaching over 4000 people. I am going to observe, ask questions, learn as much as I can and I am praying that God grows me and stretches tremendously over the next couple of months.
I love investing in people, coaching people, encouraging people however, I have not done much of that for a while. That is why I am so excited about the next 8-10 weeks. I will be leading two groups of awesome people through, Developing The Leader Within You by John Maxwell. One group is the Lifepoint Staff (these guys and gals are winners) the next group is 12 guys that I see God using, growing and developing into strong leaders. The guys group has committed to meeting at 6:30AM during the summer!!! Did I tell you that I was pumped.
Shane Duffy’s new post is slamming! Put your big boy pant’s on.
Click here Do Work
You learn something new everyday. Last Saturday I thought I was going to see two awesome friends get married but I was actually getting introduced to an awesome game that I knew nothing about. It’s called Corn Hole and it’s sweeping the nation (or at least all the cities with sweet tea). It’s pretty amazing. You take bags of corn and you try to throw them in a hole (horseshoe style). That’s crazy!!
Below is a link to the rules that I pulled from the American Cornhole Association (ACA).
I was just watching TD Jakes and this stuff was to good not to share:
Here is some of what he shared:
- Dare your cancer to come to church with you today cause Jesus is in the house. I could be healed today, I could be revived today.
- If Jesus is in the house, something is going to happen.
- God needs something to work with. Bring some expectation with you. Enter His house with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Don’t come laid out like a mummy, expecting a miracle.
- Wherever there is a promised move of God you can expect opposition.
- You face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.
- Faith must always past the test of discouragement.
- You have to go through a period of wanting to quit.
- If you are in anything and have never wanted to quit it, you are not in much.
- If you understand what I am saying you don’t shout when you get the miracle, you shout when you get the opposition.
- He is hurting me now. He just said most of us get stuck in the first dimension of faith (Simply Saved).
- Second dimension of faith. ARISE (live in victory in all areas of your life).
- Salvation is the root…Resurrection is the fruit. You can’t be saved and be flatlined.
- Third dimension of faith. You take hold of the things that had hold of you.
- He just said that’s so good, I’m going to get the tape myself.
- More on this one later.
This is better that biscuits and gravy!! Maybe it’s just me.
Yesterdays message at Lifepoint was the third in our LEGO series and it was about going the distance. At one point in the service Jeff encouraged people to write on a 3X5 card what they felt like was keeping them from going the distance and being who God created them to be. They then came forward and pinned them to a cross, symbolizing that they were giving it to God. Check out some of the the things that were on the cards.
- Sexual abuse
- Building relationships based around being physical
- Drugs (there were a lot of these)
- Hatred for my mom
- Seeing children sexually abused
- Mates past experiences
- Baggage from past marriage (there were a lot of these)
- Being abandoned by my mom makes me feel insignificant and bitter
- My father was never there for me
- Insecurities (a ton of these)
- Struggling with staying pure
- Spouses addicition
- Not forgiving his past
- My weight
- I think that I am not smart
- No fire in our relationship (multiple)
- My past
- Finances (multiple)
- Time management
- My Job
- I am in love with someone who is in love with someone else
- My mind
- Lack of disipline
- Being to busy
- Fighting (multiple)
- Fear of committing
- Fear of missing God’s will
- Time with spouse
- Being tired
- Lack of hope
There were hundreds more with the same theme. I am so glad God is drawing hurting people to Lifepoint and I am so glad He is in the resurrection business!