One of my new friends is a phenomenal photographer and the great thing about her photos is that she knows what to focus on. It is obvious what is in focus and what is not.
I think there is a lot to be learned from my photo friend. Here is what I have learned.
- If you don’t focus on anything your subject is unidentified
- If you focus on everything, your focused on nothing
- If you focus on the wrong thing your subject is blurry
- If you use a zoom lens up close, you can’t see the big picture
- If you use an up close lens for things far away, you miss important details
I my line of work, here is how this plays out. If you focus on God, things stay in perspective. If you focus on your problems, you loose perspective. If you are critical of everything and everybody, check your focus and make sure God is the clearest thing in the picture.