The Law Of The Price Tag stats that “you fail to reach your potential when you fail to pay the price” -J. Maxwell.
I believe this is why many of us set goals this time of year and 365 days later we are scratching our heads wondering what happened.
The best thing about January 1st is that you get to start the new year with a blank page and the possibilities for this year are unlimited!! Maybe the difference for me and for you this year will be what we do with the Law Of The Price Tag. Will I and will you be willing to pay the price for our goals?
Here are my goals for 2010:
- Loose 60 pounds by July 2nd and keep it off Until Decemer 31st.
- Workout 4 days a week.
- Save money and get a Trikke 8 Air and ride it.
- Make water my drink of choice.
- Less red meat, sweets and coffee drinks.
- Go to bed by 10pm 5 days a week.
- More structured quite time this year (5-6AM daily)
- Daily paper journaling.
- Rely much more on the Holy Spirit and less on me.
- Help my family take their next steps spiritually.
- 3 Date nights a month with Kelli.
- Specific hang time with each kid (1 a week).
- Pull more weight with household choirs (dishes and repairs I have been putting off).
- Kick debt in the teeth (knock bottom 3 items off of debt list).
- Implement leadship pipeline principles throughout our organization.
- Invest more time in people.
- Play to strengths more (less plate spinning and more points scored).
- Get a hobby!!
With goals like these their is a hefty price tag. I will need a good plan, good accountability partners (you) and I will have to give up a lot of things. See my next post on Daryl Fast to see what I plan on giving up for the first 40days of the year in order to kick start this process.