Goals worth having require sacrifice and hard work. Another John Maxwell quote that I love is that “You have to give up to go up”. In order to focus on achieving this years goals I am starting the year with a 40 day fast. The goal of the fast is to focus in on God and hopefully create some good habits towards my goals.
Here are the things that I will be doing without for the first 40 days of this year:
- No computer at home for me.
- No business emails outside of work hours.
- No late nights. All bedtimes before 10pm (other than nights with bowl games :-).
- No sleeping in (all days will start at 5am).
- None of the following food or drinks:
- Beef, lamb, pork, and fish.
- Milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs (execept limited amounts of low fat cheese).
- Sugar, raw sugar, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
- All leavened bread.
- All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
- All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries.
- All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.
- Beverages including but not limited to coffee, tea, herbal teas, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.
There it is….The Daryl Fast….The next 40 days of my life. It isn’t designed to help me with all my goals but rather to focus me in on where God is leading me (to be healthier physically, spiritually, mentally). Don’t let me slack!!
2 thoughts on “Daryl Fast”
That’s great Daryl! I’ll be praying for your family.
you go Daryl!!! we’ll be praying for you – God’s got a TON up His sleeve for you and your family!!!