I am big on customer service both from our organization and all those that we do business with. Price point is big in being a good steward of our money but I will pay a little more for your product if your customer service is good and you value me as a customer.
I walked into a popular office supply store the other day and the customer service lady was ripping this old man a new one. I didn’t know the back story and this little old feeble man probably provoked her but to everyone else in the store, the scene was ridiculous. Tell the man you are sorry for any confusion, give him his $3 worth of copies and be a hero. I am not saying let people run you over or take advantage of you but take the high road and your business will flourish. Here is my favorite companies based on customer service:
- Chic-fil-a – Never had a bad experience at one. They give food away to my kids whole basketball league every Saturday, they donated 72 sandwiches a week to the football team I coach and they have free food everyday next week.
- Sweetwater – this is a provider of electronics especially sound gear for our church. The customer service is unmatched. They call to verify my order. They help me if I ordered something wrong (before it ships), they promptly send out not only the gear but the tracking info. They call to follow up and they even throw some candy in the box!! Thanks Dave!
- B&H Video – This is who we use for camera and video camera gear. Great customer service, ships fast, great prices and I have never had a problem with an order.
- Copiers Plus – Our local copier company. Nothing out of the ordinary with the equipment but all the owner ask me about is the church. He never pushes his equipment or upgrades and if I ever need anything, they have it there in under an hour. Thanks Mike!
- Draughon Bros – These guys are out of Fayetteville, NC and do major light and sound productions as well as installations. Kelvin is my buddy and never lets me down. He will tell you the truth even if it hurts and he will always recommend whats best for you even if it means he looses business.
- PC Signs – This is a company that Brad found and they are the junk! We get our banners from them. Their prices are cheap, the sometimes print it and ship it the day we give them our graphics and the product is good. If you order banners you should check your product against these guys. Their website is http://www.pcsigns.biz/
- These are some of the churches and organizations that have been over the top with serving us and encouraging us: Elevation Church, NewSpring Church, LifeChurch.tv, Healing Place Church, Seacoast Church, Church of The Highlands, Catalyst Conference (Mel, you rock), Orange Conference (so generous), C3 Conference, Unleash Conference.
Thanks to all you guys for still believing that the people matter as much as the product!