My next few post are from notes I took at NewSpring Church two weeks ago. This session was with Perry Noble.
This post is on four things for staff to be. Here is Perry’s words.
- If you have an un-thankful staff member you need to cast vision on them or fire them.
- Un-thankfulness for all that God has done will cause us to miss what he wants to do.
- The hardest staff to lead is un-thankful staff.
- The most stressed pastors or the least grateful ones.
- Dishonest always leads to dysfunction.
- Integrity and honesty go hand and hand.
- When being sensitive trumps being honest, it’s over.
- If you are not being honest, you are crippling your ministry and your church.
Be a good steward.
- Do what you will say you will do.
- I don’t expect perfection because I can’t produce it. I just expect your best.
- Apathy can not be afforded on a staff ever.
- Be aware of our motives. Why do I do what I do? If Jesus isn’t in the answer, then you need to do some soul searching.
- Be aware of God’s movement. It fires some up and ticks some off.
- Be aware of Purity. My job is to make sure that I am useful to God. 2 Tim 20 & 21.
More on Purity tomorrow!!