Do you remember the Presidential Awards? My kids did their Presidential Test today and it was both fun and educational. I watched as they did sit-ups, push-ups, shuttle run, some flexibility test that I don’t remember and a long distance run. The fun part was watching them do the different exercises the educational part came on exercise 3 for my oldest child Noah. For 4 out of the 5 exercises he either got presidential or national level but on his third exercise (the V-sit or flexibility test) his score wasn’t even on the chart and I don’t mean that in the good way. He has no flexibility!
Here is what I learned from todays fitness test.
- If you want to know where you stand then you need to be tested.
- Accountability partners will let you know if you are off in certain areas. (sometimes way off)
- You need a good baseline to shoot at.
If there were a presidential test for christians what do you think we should test? Here are some things that I would vote for.
- Do you spend time with God daily? (through reading scripture and praying)
- Are you applying what you read? (through serving and loving people)
- What’s your baseline? (hopefully it’s Christ)
- How do you handle a test? (do you view it as from God?)
- Do you welcome feedback from trusted sources? (people who care about you more than themselves)