This has been a good week. Lots going on but lots of room for God to work. Here are some random thoughts that I want to get out of my head.
- As much as you want to you can’t rush relational evangelism.
- Respect and understanding of authority has been lost and we need to find it. I can’t believe how kids and young adults talk to and treat those in authority over them. I hear young people disrespecting their coaches, their teachers, their parents, their employers and it scares me. I know for a fact that if I talked to my high school coach like these kids do that I would not have been on the team and if I told my employer that these are the areas that they need to get better at, that my next check would be from the government. The scariest thing is that if we don’t teach this generation how to fall under authority they will never qualify to be in authority. If you can’t respect and honor those over you then don’t ever expect anyone to respect and honor you. Matt. 8:5-13 is one of my favorite scriptures on authority. The centurion qualified for authority because he humbly placed himself under authority.
- Planning is difficult but essential for success.
- Planning is only half of the work. Actually working the plan is the key.
- I am becoming more insensitive to delicate people and their feelings (hope I didn’t offend anyone). Pray for me on this one.
- My stomach still flips before football games and church on Sunday (and I love it).
- Spending time with God is THE most important thing you do.
- I just checked my blog stats and I have 260 comments, then I saw a link at the bottom that says 2645 comments have been caught by WordPress’ spam filter. I was bummed that they are hurting my stats so I decided to check a few of the comments. WOW. Thanks WordPress Spam Hooker Upper Guy! This Blogs for you.
- Everyone needs to take vacations (Wolf Lodge here we come. Only two more days!!)
- My wife is awesome.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.