If you haven’t seen this movie don’t. It is actually a great movie with a horrible ending but the point of the movie is to pass along a good deed to someone in need and the chain goes on forever (kind of like the golden rule).
Earlier this week, Jeff (my boss) wrote a positive post about me and I thought I would take a second to pay it forward.
I have had 17 bosses in my life, each very different. I have had micro-managers, absentees, control freaks, organized, disorganized, fun-loving, practical jokers, losers and winners.
This may sound like I am sucking up but my current boss is the best that I have ever had and here is why.
- He is an encourager.
- He is the most optimistic person I have ever met (if you hit him in the face, he would find someway to give you the benefit of the doubt).
- He is a learner (I have never seen anyone read as much as this guy).
- He is growing daily (It has been cool to watch this guy over the last four years).
- He loves his wife (this is huge for lead pastors and he sets the tone).
- He hangs out at the feet of Jesus (that’s the reason that I made the trip down).
- He worships his face off each week (whether or not anyone else is).
- He trust me.
- He equips me.
- He unleashes me.
- He can come up with some pretty sweet graphics (for a pastor).
- He is a fellow conference junkie.
- He is not afraid to take risk.
I can go on and on but the point here is that it is pretty sweet to serve God for a living and have a boss that matches the list above.
I know I don’t say it enough but I appreciate you man!