In my mind I feel like I want to forget this week. Let’s review the reasons:
- Virgina Tech
- I have poison something (ivy, oak) on my face, neck, back, legs, and yes areas that my bathing suite covers up.
- The poison appears to be infected now
- Oozzing junk coming out of the infected poison
- Their showing the VT shooters footage of himself (burn the tape)
- The dude used Jesus name like he was a believer- thanks, that helps a lot
My first thought is that I can’t wait for next week, maybe it will be better but I have to jump over this first:
“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportuniy for great joy.”
Can I be honest with you. I don’t think that I have used the word joy all week and I don’t know that I have felt it.
The verse continues…
“For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” – James 1:2-4
So my confession to you is that, I was not studied up for my test this week and I failed. The good news is that there is a makeup test today and tomorrow and the next day and I can prepare for all the ones I missed and maybe I will be ready this time.
I don’t want to forget this week, I want to remember that joy is not based on circumstances.