It is so funny, I love numbers and when I was in college math was my favorite class but I absolutely hate finances. I know there are numbers involved but it’s different, very different. I start splotching when I see a checkbook.
The last few weeks we have been working on the 2007 budget for Lifepoint Church (our first real budget) and here are some thoughts.
- It’s awesome to have people on your team with expertise with finances.
- It’s great to hammer things out with people who love God.
- I absolutely love churches that share info (especially the good stuff)
- Church budgets have to have elements of total faith and realistic expectations (this is as hard as it sounds)
- People of Lifepoint Rock!
- People from out of town who support Lifepoint, You Rock!!
So we finalized the bottom line today for 2007 and it is much more than 2006 and it’s much more than we have, which is so exciting! Based on God’s track record with Lifepoint, He just wants us to be faithful and love people and he will provide the resources and that is where we find ourselves again. There is tremendous room for God to work in this budget and I think that not only can he make up the difference but he can do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine.
I can’t wait to see what 2007 looks like!!